Specific instructions for international candidates
The following instructions apply only to EIT Digital candidates graduated or graduating OUTSIDE ITALY (non-Italian Bachelor).
If you choose POLIMI among your 3 preferences as entry university, you also need to submit a separate application through the Online Services of POLIMI, which will be subject to the final results of the EIT Digital selection process. This step is compulsory for international candidates with a non-Italian degree in order to be evaluated for admission at POLIMI level, according to our internal deadlines for international admissions.
- Main application on the EIT Digital Master School portal: deadline 17 April 2020
- EU candidates (non-Italian): parallel local application on POLIMI Online Services by 17 April 2020
- Non-EU candidates: parallel local application on POLIMI Online Services by 5 March 2020 (ANTICIPATED deadline only for candidates with a NON-European Bachelor)
It’s appreciated that you first submit your main EIT Digital application through the EIT Digital portal and then proceed with your local POLIMI application. If you haven’t applied yet on the EIT Digital website when you submit your POLIMI application, please communicate your POLIMI ID (Person code) to email@example.com, specifying your EIT Digital major, so that you can be recognised as an EIT Digital candidate.
***IMPORTANT*** POLIMI needs to receive your local application on its Online Services. It won’t be possible to consider your EIT Digital application for POLIMI if it comes after the above deadlines.
Instructions for applying at POLIMI level
Your local application through POLIMI Online Services requires only a few steps and it’s done entirely online.
You can provide the same application documents used for your EIT Digital application on the Master School portal (Bachelor documents, English certificate, Letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae). In addition, POLIMI requires also a letter of reference written by one of your professors or employer (you can upload it by yourself during the application procedure). Please, follow the instructions at this link.
First of all, you need to register for POLIMI Online Services: https://www.polimi.it/en/online-services/
- Fill out the application form on the Online Services, labelled: “Apply to a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to a Master of Science) programme (only for international and Italian candidates graduated abroad): Submit online application form, results release and enrolment”
- Select Laurea Magistrale (MSc) in “Computer Science and Engineering”.
- Upload all the required documents
- Send via email your POLIMI ID number (Person Code) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: EIT Digital candidates are NOT asked to send original documents by post to our University, nor the application receipt. It’s enough the online application. Only if you are finally admitted, you will hand-in the documents later on, when you arrive in September at the beginning of the first semester.
Both majors “Data Science” (DSC) and “Human-Computer Interaction & Design” (HCID) are implemented at POLIMI within the local MSc in “Computer Science and Engineering”: you must choose ONLY this Master of Science as for your local application to POLIMI.
When submitting your local application, you won’t be able to select your specific EIT Digital study track. If accepted, our student office will move you to the correct study track according to your EIT Digital application.
Please, keep in mind that the admission to POLIMI is subject to the admission to the EIT Digital Master School. Only if your application is accepted by EIT Digital, you’ll then be asked to finalise your local admission and to enrol at POLIMI level.
Polimi Staff for the EIT Digital Master School